What are DACA and DAPA and what is this case before the Supreme Court all about?
- A guide to the issues before the United States Supreme Court in US v. Texas
- A summary of the Supreme Court case
- What are the eligibility requirements for DACA? FAQ's...
Would you know what to do if the police stop or arrest you?
- VIDEO: What rights do juveniles have? I WANT TO TALK TO A LAWYER
- VIDEO: ¿Detenido Por La Policía? ¡Conoce Tus Derechos!
Curious about DC medical marijuana laws?
- Laws and regulations regarding the DC medical marijuana program.
- WAMU 88.5 FM: DC Medical Marijuana Story 05-01-15
Know your rights and what to do when you are stopped or questioned by the police.
- What to do when the police want to talk to you or search you or your belongings--click here.
- ACLU Know Your Rights page--click here.
- VIDEO: What to do if you are charged with a crime--protect your rights!
Communicating with Children is Different
The juvenile court advocacy organizations TeamChild and Juvenile Indigent Defense Action Network (JIDAN) have developed this excellent guide on ways to improve communication with children about legal proceedings. To read their recommendations for the Washington Judicial Colloquies Project, click the following link:
- A Guide for Improving Communication and Understanding in Juvenile Court by TeamChild and the Juvenile Indigent Defense Action Network
How to Protect Your Rights When Dealing with the Police
Would you know what to say to protect your constitutional rights if the police stopped you and started asking questions?
- Print and complete this form you can carry with you to provide to the police at any time they wish to speak with you.
- Here is an informative video about how to act and what to say if you have been arrested, produced by TeamChild. You are Charged With a Crime